Sunday, June 7, 2009

Nerdiness, Waterfalls, and Keeping Your Head Out of the Toilet


First off, for those who are extremely nerdy, be jealous. I went to the Computex Taipei Int'l Information Technology Show.



That's me and Greg Yen (who happened to be in Taiwan for a while and we overlapped two days!) We nerded about and went to booths like Microsoft, Intel, NVidia, and Sandisk. Got some cool swag.

My sister, Greg, and I also went to eat at one of the strangest restaurants I've been to in a while. Located in Shilin...well, a picture is worth a thousand words.



Modern Toilet (yes, that's the name of the restaurant) was very interesting. Next time, I'll go and have a meal there instead of the ridiculously large shaved ice urinal plates! (only 100NT btw, roughly 3 bucks)

The following day, a big chunk of family (grandmother, uncle, 3 cousins, aunt, greataunt, parents, sister, dad's cousin, dad's cousin's wife) all went on a hike. It was about an hour hike into the mountains and we were rewarded at the end with this!


Okay, unfortunately for me, my time on the internet is running out so this post is short (I have the only laptop that can pick up the wireless that the whole family is leeching).

I will write more later! And hopefully more in detail!

2 comments:

  1. Gah computex! [jealous] Good to see you're enjoying yourself. Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! i've heard about that toilet restaurant before! :D it looks deliciousssssssss.
    and that waterfall looks gorgeous :D
    hope you're having a good time there!

    ReplyDelete