Thursday, July 9, 2009

Adventures with People!

I hope everyone's doing alright back in the United States!

Almost two complete weeks have passed since the internship at the Taipei Zoo started and I have to say, I've been hanging out with people a whole lot! (every night so far!)

Most of you guys reading this have Facebook, and since uploading photographs here in Taiwan take so freakin long, I'm going to just talk about the people but not provide photos. If you guys really care, you could zip on over to my profile, click on more photos of me and find out who these people are!

I'll start with people I hang out the most (outside of work! My coworkers will get their own special post!)

First off, there's Sue. Sue hails from Chile and France. This is how awesome she is. She's a photojournalist and very fun to hang out with. =) She speaks Spanish like whoooaa crazy fast hard to understand her lots of times but it's so cool to hear her speak. Haha, I also find it awesome that she's working at the radio internship here!

Stephanie is the first one I really talked to starting the Taiwan Tech Trek program. That is to say, when we all got onto the bus the first day, we sat next to each other. She's got the kind of attitude and happiness that is contagious, which I find to be very refreshing. She's got the whole nerdy but still fun to be around thing going for her. That and she laughs when she thinks of something funny inside her head. :D

Kelly is someone from Holmdel! I couldn't believe it when we had mutual friends, I was like...no way. Haha, it's cool having someone from Jersey in the group also (not counting Ange, since she wasn't in my orientation group). She's the one I usually start planning hangouts with and from there it spreads like wildfire!

Jed is the youngest of the group. He's a newbie in all things Taiwan, this being his first time here. He works with me at the Taipei Zoo, but he's in the nutrition group. It's funny because his title is research assistant and he has yet to touch/handle any of the zoo animals. Yeah, I'm always poking fun at him because of this.

Wendy is coming from the London School of Economics, which...once my sister heard about, fell in love with her. Wendy is awesome and for reasons I still can't quite understand, she cracks Stephanie up all the time. Wendy has this magical power thing I guess. Haha, she works at the same MRT stop that I take to get to work, so I occasionally will see her when I get off work as she's taking the stop to go home.

So far, our hanging out has been mostly food-related and shopping-related. Note to self, shopping with three girls when you're the only guy...it's interesting. Hitting up all the night markets for food and stuff is always awesome, especially with this group of people.

I have to say, I'm glad I met these people, I know Taiwan definitely wouldn't have been as much fun if I didn't know them.

1 comment: