Friday, July 3, 2009

Orientation

I'm writing this Friday night here in Taipei, the first time I've actually spent more than an hour at my place before needing to go to bed in about two weeks.

Needless to say, it's been a crazy wild two weeks.

Real quick. The program I'm doing my internship at the Taipei Zoo is called Taiwan Tech Trek. Every year for the last four years, Taiwanese people from overseas have participated in this program, which seeks to educate those who were born elsewhere about what life is like working in Taiwan. Yes, they do indeed hope that some of us do stay afterwards...and I have heard stories of one or two people actually staying here to work after participating in this program.

I had to admit, I entered the program nervous and scared. It had been a while since I was introduced to that many new people at the same time and the idea that I would be living and hanging out with the same group of people for four whole days (including nights) made me more than a little nervous.

Needless to say, I had a bunch of fun, meeting Taiwanese people from all places! There were people from Canada, Argentina, Chile, and of course, America!

I would post photos, but unfortunately my internet here in Taiwan is really slow...but you can see photographs of people and what I've been doing on Facebook! People should be posting their photos up.

I hope all of you at home are doing good. I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment