Thursday, July 16, 2009

Love and Logic

Having gotten into somewhat of a rant with Sue on Google Talk, I guess it's best to write down some thoughts that may be floating through my head.

It's always awkward when the factor of the human heart comes into play. I've noticed that people will say one thing, have all the signs point a certain way, yet, when faced with the inevitable situation where all the things will come into the open, choose a course of action that defies all explanation.

But such is the way of the heart. It defies explanations, no matter how often we spend time wondering, "What does the guy see in that girl?" or "How does a person like that actually end up in a relationship?"

Coming from somewhat of a Psychology background, I have to say that this absolutely drives me nuts. Then again, with an engineer and scientist's background too, I too can see when we are driven, above all else, to accept our logic and try to make our heart understand what our mind has already reasoned out.

I don't know, haha. I've been guilty myself of falling for the absolute wrong type of woman, and I'm sure that I've also been the target of the "How does a guy like that end up with a woman like that?"

It would just be so much easier if it weren't for all the games we play, all the roles we lead, all the social structures set up so that we can't just tell someone what we're feeling at that particular moment about them. Then again...maybe it wouldn't.

There's no right and wrong in the world, only what our hearts dictate is right and what our hearts dictate is wrong.

Sometimes though, don't let logic prevail. You never know what you might miss out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment